Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Liquid eye liner or pencil?

What is the difference and what is better?Liquid eye liner or pencil?
Anyone that says liquid liner is smudgy is misusing it. Liquid liner, takes time and patience, but it gives your eyes a glamorous and defined look and adds intensity.


Pencil liner is maybe easier to apply, it is smudgy and it gives your eyes a softer look. Its more versatile in a sense because if you smudge it, it gives you that glamorous 'rock chick' look.





I use liner on top and pencil at the bottom.Liquid eye liner or pencil?
I like pencil, I've tried both and pencil gives a softer look.
Pencil is better. Liquid eyeliner is smudgy and often appears too dark and unnatural. Plus pencil can be put on closer to the eye and more accurately where you want it. You can also decide how dark to go.
liquid eyeliner defines your eyes better than pencil and it lasts longer. i use liquid eyeliner for my top lashes and pencil on my bottom.
I prefer pencil. I have more control with it and I don't get such a harsh line with it. It's easier to blend.
Liquid is good if you want a smaller more defined line. Pencils are good for thicker lines, and good for smudging to make that smoky eyed look.
liquid eye-liner, as the name states is liquid in form ;) and requires a little of patience and experience to make a stand out! whereas pencil, is smudge free(comparitively), easy to apply, easily fits in the hand bag (easy go make up), however if you wanna add drama to your eyes, it hardly works!!


trust me.. i've been using liq. eyeliner for 3 yrs, after many attemps of failure, i learnt the art of applying it perfectly, so if you're gonna try it for the 1st time. PLS don't try it on any of the D-Day's.
I prefer to use a pencil but it is just mainly my personal preference. I feel that I have more control with a pencil then with liquid eye liner.
I've been using pencils for years and if you have watering eyes like I do, its worthless... You'll look like a raccoon within minutes! I need the liquid.
If your skin is naturally oily, I'd say avoid them all :)





But seriously, a pencil isn't really dark enough and it would fade off within a few hours if your skin is oily.





I'd vote for liquid eye liner because it lasts longer (for me).





Just be sure to practice first (practice makes perfect!), especially at night when you're home alone and bored!





Best wishes!
I think for the beginner, pencil is more easily to handle but liquid can stay longer if it's waterproof
i like pencil still haven't got the hang of liquid.


my hands shake to much lol. :)
I have creme eyeliner (Merle Norman) and also use Prestige waterproof eye pencils. I get a thinner line with the creme eyeliner and a thicker, smudgier line with the pencil. You might try Lancome Artliner, they are wonderful also.
Liquid eyeliner is more defining and ';line-like'; and tends to give a more defining look to the eye. In general, liquid eyeliner is best for dress up or a a night out, while the softer look of eye pencil is good for daytime. Pencil eyeliner is a little more forgiving and you can smudge it into your lashes for a smoky look.
well eye pencil of course liquid eye liner will smudge more and get in your eyes and it most def cost more

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lesions