Thursday, June 24, 2010

Liquid eye-liner?!?!?!?

Ok I have some questions about liquid eye-liner..





1. How do you use it?


2. Can you put it on your lower, inner eyelid?


3. Is it safe to use if you wear contact lenses?





Because I tried it and it all went it my eye and I figured I should have asked before I tried...Liquid eye-liner?!?!?!?
Liquid liner takes a lot of practice. I'm pretty sure it's fine for contact lenses; my cousin wears contacts and liquid eyeliner every day!





As for how to put it on, it REALLY takes practice. When I started to wear it, I had the same problem. It went all in my eye. And I know that some people can apply it without closing their eye, but I need to. So, try closing your eye and pulling the lid across (does that make sense?) so that you can make an even line. How much you use depends on the look you're going for. Personally, I use more towards the outside of my eyelid; from inner to outer, it goes up like a hill.





If you find it hard to get it in the inner eyelid (and it is hard, believe me), you can use just regular liner to touch that up.





And remember that Q-Tips are your friend! Wet and dry are key for fixing any mistakes. Liquid eye-liner?!?!?!?
When it comes to wearing shadow with this look, it's usually a good idea to keep its colour soft and neutral. Try using a light cream shadow all over the lid and a warmer taupe in the crease. Your eyes will have warmth and definition without looking overdone.








The right tool is essential in achieving the heavily lined look. For liquid liner you want to use a point liner brush. This tiny, precision brush will allow you to draw a clean, even line. Many women close their eyes when applying liner, which leads to a bumpy uneven line. Instead, keep your eye open. This will make it easier to follow the contour of your lashline.








When using liner don't feel like you have to paint one continuous line. One easy technique involves drawing three dashes - one at the inner corner, one in the middle of the lash line and another at the outer corner. Then, go back and connect the dashes. For the thick Audrey Hepburn look, fill in your liner slowly. After you've established a clean base line, start the brush at the middle of your lashes and slowly build up the outer line, extending the liner slightly out and just beyond the eye.



If i were first trying it i would only use it on the top until you got the hang out it. I wear contact lenses and i like it because it doesn't smear underneath my eyes although flakes of it sometimes get in my eyes but i cant even feel it if they do.
I have used liquid liners for years, they take practice. But I mainly use it on my upper lid. it can be used under your eye, but your inner lid it doesnt work as well. Try correcting your liquid eyeliner mistakes with a wet Q-tip, thats how i used to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lesions