Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Liquid or pencil eye liner?

what are the pros and cons of liquid and pencil eye liner? which do you recommend to use? And what brands work best? all tips and suggestions are welcome, thank-you so much for your advice! :)Liquid or pencil eye liner?
Liquid liner:


PROS: goes on darker, bolder, and creates fine lines


CONS: until you get used to it, your lines will be wobbly and uneven (harder to use), non-waterproof washes off REALLY easily





Pencil Liner:


PROS: you can create a smokey eye with it, easier to apply, creates a softer look, holds up to water pretty well


CONS: most fade, can't create sharp, defined lines, tends to smudge





My personal recommendation is pencil liner until you're really comfortable applying eye liner, then switch to liquid. For pencils I like


either Revlon's Color Stay Eyeliner or Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Pencil. For liquid liner I like Revlon's Color Stay Liquid Liner or MAC's LiquidLast Liner.





My biggest suggestion is to get used to a pencil eyeliner first. It's a lot more forgiving of a shakey hand than liquid liner. Once you've mastered that, try a liquid liner (preferably one with a sponge tip applicator, like Revlon's Color Stay. It's firmer than the brush and it's closer to feeling of using a pencil). And to keep your hands from wobbling all over the place while you're doing either one, try resting your hand on your cheek when you put it on, or rest your elbow on something stable. Good luck!Liquid or pencil eye liner?
If you make a mistake using a pencil, you can usually smudge it or wipe it off without a lot of hassle, or even cover it with eyeshadow.





When applying liquid liner, you have to use a steady hand and go slowly until you get the hang of it until because it's very easy to not get a straight line. When I first started wearing it, I'd put little dots across my lid, and connected them. As I got better, I'd be able to draw shorter lines, then half the lid, then the entire lid at once.





I use liquid when I want a cleaner look, and a pencil when I want a fatter line.





I usually use Revlon and L'Oreal pencils because they stay on, don't look greasy, and are soft enough to use without warming them up before use. I don't wear liquid that much anymore, and can't remember what brand I wore, but usually it was something you could buy at Target or the drug store (don't shop at dept stores, and we just got our first Sephora last year - so I haven't purchased liquids there yet and I'm out - YAY)!
well, i think that liquid is good for the top eye but not so much for the bottom since your eye waters.


i use pencil, to outline my eyes, but i do a little tail thats also called cat eye, with liquid eyeliner it looks nice... unless it gets wet lol, also with liquid... i find that its really easy to smudge of with just a touch of your hand... were too pencils you have to actually scrub. =]





i hope this is the kind of answer you were looking for.






I like pencil eyeliner better, but if you have a really steady hand liquid works well too. Sometimes the liquid comes off (chips) and I personally touch my eyes a lot, so I didn't like the liquid as much. I have Jordana roller eyeliner; cheap, but it works great for me!
Both have pros and cons.


Are you a beginner? if you are, then I suggest Pencil eyeliner cause its easier to put on but if you're not,


liquid on the top, pencil on the bottom


++


If you want a natural look, go for pencil


if you want a more sophisticated look.
Penicl smuges off and liquid takes a while to dry
i like liquid, it goes on cleaner.
liquid on top and pencil on the bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lesions